Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Thougts On Fall

I love this time of year.
Fall. The smells, the colors the sights, the nights, the fires, the pumkins, everything.
Fall comes second only to Winter in my eyes.
But I love the silence at night, no chirping crickets, no heat.
I love the smell of perfectly ripe apples and cinnamon, the sharpness of cilled cider, and the smell of pumkin guts on carving days.
I love the keleidaskope of colors that are created within the limbs of trees.
I love to hug a dear one close in the chill wind, and seeing them laugh with their cheeks numb and red makes me happy.
I feel creative in the fall, I feel safe in the fall.
I feel loved, and warm in the fall.
I feel free in the fall.
But soon winter will come and I will be sad that autumn is leaving but I will be glad of the sharp cold, and silence that winter brings.

No comments: