Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Love

Love, what a sweet word.
I love to say it in place of a "farewell" or "see you later". We all have said it once in our lifetime and meant it. Whether it is about those amazing yellow pumps, or to our lovers. What does it really mean?
The meaning seems to change with the context it is used in."I love you" can mean you truly love this person and wish to spend the rest of your life with them, it can also mean "I love you as a friend" but us as a people are much to lazy to bother ourselves with that "lengthy" explanation, on that note it can be used with enormous amounts of sarcasm and in that case you don't really mean that at all, you can also say it with a laugh that means "you are silly, but I like that" but yet again we have no patience nor time to fully explain our true meaning behind those three powerful words. We simply leave free reign to whom we are saying this to or about, to interpret it how they will.
~You may be thinking right now that I am being a "wise ass" but I assure you that my intelligent talk is not in anyway demeaning to your usual typing style, I just simply wish to convey my interest on the subject discussed above in the most intelligent and correct way possible.~

Back to the subject at hand. Love, we use it all the time, it leaves us, we fall into it, it breaks us and heals us. Why do we love it?(pun intended) Because it makes us feel beautiful, special, real, amazing, high, super, or for lack of a better word, loved. Our attraction to it is unsatisfiable, to some people Valentines Day, the day of love itself, is nothing compared to every moment spent with their love.
I know this to be quite true. Our "need" for love drives us to do something, anything.While we are in love we can create inspiring art, song, dance, poetry, or chase something usually out of our reach, and it can make us believe in ourselves. Why do feel like this when we are in love? Because technically it releases a hormone in our brain that makes us feel almost "high", but mostly it is the fact that we feel like we have a place in this world. That suddenly everything seems to make just a little more sense, and the sad or bad things we used to dwell upon suddenly disappear.
I love being in love. I love telling people I am in love. I love telling people I am loved. I am here. I am important to some one. Someone would miss me if I were to leave, and it makes me want to stay here just a little but longer. Waste just a little more for them, just to try to convey your truest and deepest of feelings to them, even if only a little bit.

No comments: